Are you passionate about shaping the future through education? The Akwa Ibom State Government is extending an invitation to qualified individuals who aspire to contribute to the state’s vision of a socially harmonious, economically vibrant, and educationally advanced environment. The Akwa Ibom State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) is now accepting applications for both teaching and non-teaching positions, offering a chance to be a part of the transformative journey in education.
Teaching Opportunities Await
Diverse teaching positions are available, covering a spectrum of subjects from core disciplines like Mathematics and English Language to specialized fields such as Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, and more. If you possess expertise in any of these subjects and are eager to play a role in the growth of Akwa Ibom’s educational landscape, an exciting opportunity may be just a few steps away.
Eligibility Criteria: Your Path to Success
Before embarking on the application process, ensure that you meet the following criteria:
- Nigerian Citizenship: Applicants must be Nigerian citizens.
- Local Government Identification: A valid local government identification is essential.
- Good Behavior: Candidates should exhibit good behavior and composure.
- Clean Record: A clean criminal record is mandatory.
- State of Origin: A certificate of state of origin, duly signed, is required.
- Physical and Mental Fitness: Applicants must be in good physical and mental health.
- Age: Applicants should be under 35 years old at the time of application.
- Education: Possession of relevant educational qualifications, such as B.Sc, B.Ed, B.A (Ed), HND, OND, or NCE from recognized institutions.
- NYSC Certificate: A valid NYSC certificate or exemption letter for B.Sc and HND holders.
- Academic Credentials: SSCE, NECO, or GCE with credits in at least five subjects, including Mathematics and English.
- Non-Teaching Requirement: For non-teaching positions, a Primary Six School Leaving Certificate is necessary.
- Identification: Valid means of identification, such as a driver’s license, National ID card, international passport, voter’s card, or National Identification Number.
- Computer Knowledge: Basic knowledge of computer applications is advantageous.
- Communication Skills: Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a plus.
Application Process: Your Gateway to a Rewarding Career
Follow these steps to complete your application:
- Visit the official Akwa Ibom State teachers recruitment portal at https://www.sseb.ak.gov.ng.
- Choose between Teaching and Non-Teaching Jobs.
- Fill in your personal details, including full name, permanent address, local government of origin, email/telephone address, date of birth, state of origin, nationality, marital status, academic qualifications, institutions attended, and course of study.
- Submit the application form.
- Print the confirmation slip for your records.
If your application is successful, you will receive an email notification detailing the subsequent stages of the recruitment process. This process could lead to the opportunity of embarking on an exciting career journey with the Akwa Ibom State Government.
Stay Informed and Prepared
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for further evaluation. The Akwa Ibom State teachers recruitment team will communicate the date and time of the Computer-Based Test (CBT) via email. Regularly check your inbox and be prepared for this crucial phase.
For updates and the latest news on the Akwa Ibom State teachers recruitment, keep visiting the official website. Your commitment and determination can pave the way for a fulfilling career contributing to the growth and development of education in Akwa Ibom State.
A Word of Caution
Beware of individuals promising to facilitate your recruitment in exchange for payment. Prior to submitting your application, verify that all provided information is accurate. Whether you hold a formal teaching credential or not, you are eligible to apply. However, declining the screening offer or failing to attend within the stipulated time will be considered a refusal of the offer.