The Abia State Government is dedicated to fostering a socially harmonious and economically vibrant environment, with a key focus on improving the quality of education. As part of this commitment, the Abia State Universal Basic Education Board has announced its call for applications from qualified candidates for teaching and non-teaching positions. If you possess expertise in any of the specified disciplines, this could be your opportunity to contribute to the development of education in the state.
The Abia State Teachers Recruitment is open for positions in various subjects, including but not limited to Accounting, Agricultural Science, Mathematics, English Language, Basic Science, Government, Islamic Religious Studies, History, Basic Technology, Geography, Civic Education, Commerce, French, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Economics, Computer Science, Physical and Health Education, Guidance and Counselling, and Christian Religious Studies.
To be eligible for the Abia State Teaching and Non-teaching Jobs, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Nigerian Citizenship: Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Local Government Identification: Possess a valid identification from the local government.
- Good Behavior: Maintain a record of good behavior and composure.
- No Criminal Case: Be free from any previous criminal cases.
- State of Origin: Provide a certificate of state of origin duly signed.
- Physical and Mental Fitness: Demonstrate physical and mental fitness.
- Birth Certificate: Present a birth certificate issued by the National Population Commission or an Affidavit of Declaration of Age.
- Communication Skills: Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Educational Qualifications: Hold a B.Sc, B.Ed, B.A (Ed), HND, OND, or NCE certificate from a recognized institution.
- NYSC Certificate: Provide the NYSC certificate or exemption letter for B.Sc and HND holders.
- Academic Qualifications: Have SSCE, NECO, or GCE with credits in at least five subjects including Mathematics and English.
- Primary Six School Leaving Certificate: Required for non-teaching positions.
- Team Spirit and Analytical Skills: Exhibit strong team spirit and excellent analytical skills.
- Valid Means of Identification: Possess a valid means of identification such as a driver’s license, National Identification Card, International passport, Voters card, or National Identification Number.
- Age Limit: Be below 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Computer Knowledge: Basic knowledge of computer applications is advantageous.
Application Process: Follow these steps to submit your application:
- Visit the official Abia State Teachers recruitment portal at abiastate.gov.ng and access the application form free of charge.
- Choose between Teaching and Non-Teaching Jobs.
- Fill in your personal details, including full name, permanent address, local government of origin, email/telephone address, date of birth, state of origin, nationality, marital status, academic qualifications, institutions attended, and course of study.
- Submit the completed application form.
- Print the confirmation slip for your records.
- Only shortlisted candidates will proceed to the next phase of the recruitment process.
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo screening, and details about the Abia State Teachers CBT (Computer-Based Test) will be communicated via email.
- Adhere to the screening schedule to avoid forfeiture of the opportunity.
Stay informed about the latest news regarding recruitment in Abia State by regularly visiting the official portal. To ensure you never miss an update, consider bookmarking or saving the page and refreshing it periodically.