COOU School Fees For Nursing

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU), formerly known as Anambra State University (ANSU), is one of the notable universities in Nigeria offering a robust Nursing program. This article provides a detailed overview of the school fees for Nursing at COOU, including additional costs and frequently asked questions.

Overview of COOU Nursing Program

The Nursing program at COOU is designed to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in the healthcare sector. The curriculum integrates theoretical knowledge with practical training, ensuring that graduates are well-prepared for professional practice.

Breakdown of COOU School Fees for Nursing

Understanding the cost of education is crucial for prospective students and their families. Here’s a detailed breakdown of the fees for the Nursing program at COOU.

1. Tuition Fees

The tuition fees for the Nursing program at COOU are structured to cover academic instruction, access to facilities, and other essential services. As of the latest academic session, the tuition fees are as follows:

  • First-year students: ₦150,000 per session
  • Second-year students: ₦130,000 per session
  • Third-year students: ₦110,000 per session
  • Fourth-year students: ₦100,000 per session
  • Fifth-year students: ₦100,000 per session

2. Other Compulsory Fees

In addition to tuition, students are required to pay other compulsory fees which include:

  • Registration fee: ₦5,000
  • Library fee: ₦3,000
  • Laboratory fee: ₦10,000
  • Examination fee: ₦5,000
  • Medical fee: ₦2,000
  • ICT fee: ₦5,000
  • Development levy: ₦10,000

3. Accommodation Fees

While accommodation on campus is optional, it is highly recommended due to the convenience and security it offers. The accommodation fees are:

  • Standard hostel accommodation: ₦40,000 per session
  • Premium hostel accommodation: ₦60,000 per session

4. Miscellaneous Expenses

Students should also budget for miscellaneous expenses such as textbooks, clinical materials, transportation, and personal upkeep. These costs can vary but an estimated budget might be around ₦30,000 – ₦50,000 per session.

Payment Schedule and Methods

COOU offers flexible payment schedules to ease the financial burden on students and their families. Tuition fees can typically be paid in instalments:

  • First instalment: 60% of the total fees at the beginning of the session
  • Second instalment: 40% of the total fees mid-session

Payments can be made through various methods including bank transfers, direct deposits, or online payments via the university’s portal.

Financial Aid and Scholarships

COOU provides several financial aid options and scholarships to support students in need. These include:

  • Merit-based scholarships: Awarded to students with outstanding academic performance.
  • Need-based grants: Available for students who demonstrate financial need.
  • External scholarships: Offered by governmental and non-governmental organizations.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What is the total cost for a first-year Nursing student at COOU?

For a first-year Nursing student, the total cost would include tuition fees (₦150,000), other compulsory fees (₦30,000), and standard accommodation (₦40,000), amounting to approximately ₦220,000 excluding miscellaneous expenses.

Can I pay my fees in instalments?

Yes, COOU allows students to pay their fees in two instalments: 60% at the beginning of the session and the remaining 40% mid-session.

Are there scholarships available for Nursing students?

Yes, COOU offers merit-based scholarships for students with excellent academic performance and need-based grants for those with financial difficulties. Additionally, students can apply for external scholarships.

What other costs should I expect apart from tuition and accommodation?

Apart from tuition and accommodation, students should budget for other compulsory fees (₦30,000), textbooks, clinical materials, transportation, and personal upkeep, which might add up to ₦30,000 – ₦50,000 per session.

How do I apply for accommodation at COOU?

Students can apply for accommodation through the university’s portal or directly at the Student Affairs Office. It’s advisable to apply early as spaces are limited.


Choosing to study Nursing at Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University is a significant investment in your future. Understanding the school fees and planning accordingly can help ensure a smooth academic journey. With flexible payment options, financial aid, and a comprehensive curriculum, COOU provides an excellent environment for aspiring nurses to thrive.

Leave a Reply

Back to top button